You are here


When can I register for DeBN?
A debtor can register for DeBN at any time during the pendency of his/her case. A debtor may also request deactivation of his/her account at any time.

When are emails sent?
Emails will be sent by the BNC in the evening on the same day a notice or order is filed by the court in your case.

Will I receive all documents via email?
No, only notices and orders filed by the court and sent to the BNC for service upon you will be delivered via email. All other parties, such as the trustee and creditors, will continue to serve documents upon you either via U.S. mail or in person pursuant to court rules.

I filed jointly with my spouse. Can we both register for DeBN?                                            
Yes, both debtors can register for DeBN, but they must file separate DeBN request forms. Each of you will have your own DeBN account, and separate emails will be sent to you. If only one spouse registers for DeBN, then the other will receive notices via U.S. mail.

Can others see my email address?
Your email address will not be shown on the caption of the case docket, and your DeBN request form will not be visible to the public for viewing. However, when a notice or order is emailed to you, the Certificate of Notice will include your email address. A Certificate of Notice is filed in the case, and it reflects who has been transmitted notice of a document by the BNC.

I accidentally deleted an email. Can the notice be resent to me?
Neither the court nor the BNC can resend notices. If you accidentally deleted a notice, you should contact your attorney, or you may contact the court for further directions on how to obtain another copy of the notice.

What should I do if I change my email address?
You should immediately file with the court, either on your own or through your attorney, an updated DeBN request form. Once the court has processed your request, you will receive an email from the BNC at both your old and new email addresses advising you that your DeBN account has been updated.

What should I do if I move?
You or your attorney should file a notice of change of address with the court. The clerk’s office will make the necessary changes to both your bankruptcy case and your DeBN account. You will then receive an email from the BNC advising you that your DeBN account has been updated.

What should I do if I want to reactivate my DeBN account?
You must complete, sign and file an updated DeBN request form. Under "Update to Account Information," select to reactivate your account. Once the clerk’s office processes your request, you will receive an automated email from the BNC advising you that your DeBN account has been activated.

Why did I stop receiving my notices via email?
There are a couple of reasons why this may have occurred, including:

1.  If your name and address in the case do not match your DeBN account, then the notice or order will be delivered to you via U.S. mail. If you recently filed a change of address with the court and did not receive an email from the BNC advising you that your DeBN account was updated, please contact the Clerk’s Office for assistance.

2.  Your DeBN account may have been disabled due to an email bounce-back (undeliverable email). If this occurred, you must file an updated request form if you wish to reactivate your DeBN account.

Please contact the Clerk’s Office with any questions about the status of your DeBN account.

Who do I contact if I have additional questions about DeBN?
Please contact the Clerk’s Office if you have any questions about the DeBN program. Do not contact the BNC or reply to emails that you receive from the BNC.