You are here

Unclaimed Funds Info

Unclaimed funds are monies deposited with the court by a case trustee pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 347. Unclaimed funds may arise out of a variety of circumstances but are often due to faulty address information which prevented delivery of the funds to the party entitled to them. 

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2042, any claimant entitled to any unclaimed funds held by the court may, on petition to the court and upon notice to the United States Attorney and full proof of right thereto, obtain an order directing payment to him/her.  

Information and Documentation Required for Petition for Unclaimed Funds 

The party entitled to the funds or the party’s agent must petition the court with an Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds and provide the required documentation. 
AO Form 213

IRS Form W-9

Unclaimed Funds Locator
For additional information, please call the Clerk's Office and ask for the financial administrator at 912-650-4100.