The Judicial Conference Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure (Standing Committee) has approved for publication for public comment the following proposed amendments to existing rules and forms, as well as several new rules and forms. The public comment period ends February 16, 2022. If approved, the proposals would take effect on December 1, 2023.
- Appellate Rules: 2 and 4;
- Bankruptcy Restyled Rules Parts III-VI; Rules 3002.1, 3011, and 8003; and new Rule 9038;
- Official Bankruptcy Forms 101, 309E1, 309E2, and 417A; and new Official Forms 410C13-1N, 410C13-1R, 410C13-10C, 410C13-10NC, and 410C13-10R;
- Civil Rules: 15, 72, and new Rule 87;
- New Criminal Rule: 62; and
- Evidence Rules 106, 615, and 702
To view the proposals and supporting materials, as well as information about submitting written comments or testimony at public hearings, please visit the Rules & Policies webpage on the U.S. Courts' website at https://www.uscourts.gov/rules-policies/proposed-amendments-published-public-comment.