The following changes will become effective on December 1, 2021:
Amendments to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure
- 2005 - Apprehension and Removal of Debtor to Compel Attendance for Examination
- 3007 - Objections to Claims
- 7007.1 - Corporate Ownership Statement
- 9036 - Notice and Service by Electronic Transmission
These rules changes, as well as the changes to Appellate Rules 3 and 6, Forms 1 and 2, can be viewed on the Pending Rules and Forms Amendments page of the United States Courts website. The Congressional Package dated April 2021 contains redline versions of the Rules and Committee Notes for a quick reference of the changes.
Changes to the Official Forms
- Official Form 122B (Chapter 11 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income) - the instructions at the top of the form are amended to clarify that the form is not to be used by an individual debtor filing under Subchapter V of Chapter 11.
Changes to the official forms may be viewed at https://www.uscourts.gov/rules-policies/pending-rules-and-forms-amendments/pending-changes-bankruptcy-forms.